Finally, a tool that makes financial projections easy for freelancers and small practices.
The Runway is based on a simple spreadsheet we developed at my design firm in 2012 to get a better sense of how well our business was actually doing. As a small business, we were not at all in a position to hire a CFO. In addition, after completing free trials of just about every budgeting website on the web, we never found anything that could quickly and easily answer three seemingly simple questions:
- How far will the cash currently in our current bank account, combined with our confirmed future income, take us?
- How urgent is it to invest time and energy into business development in order to find and on-board new clients before s*** hits the fan?
- Can we actually afford to make some investments to grow the business right now, or should we wait?
Flash forward 8+ years later, we still use the exact same spreadsheet to this day. It's allowed us to manage millions of dollars in revenue and expenses over the years, and has provided us the confidence to make decisions that are financially sound.
Inside, you'll find:
- A simple spreadsheet tool, available in Google Sheets and non-cloud-based, hard copy, formats (Apple Numbers and Microsoft Excel)
- An easy-to-understand breakdown of everything included on the spreadsheet, and how it works
- A growing Q&A that we intend on continuously updating.
Seriously, pay-what-you-want! Donations help support our mission to keep these tools available for free. Anything helps! If you are able to donate, we recommend a donation of $15-20 for this tool. We also have some perks!
Donate $100 at checkout, and we’ll set up a one-on-one 30 minute Zoom call between you and the creator, Matthew Manos. During the call, Matthew will bring his 15+ years of client experience and business management to answer any questions you have on the business of freelance work, or running a small practice. Read more about Matthew here.
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.