Many of us pick up a pen or a camera because we are driven to share an experience we, or someone we care about, survived. Sometimes we want to sell the story so we can make money. Sometimes we want to sell it to change the world. Before you spend years, even decades, trying to write a book or screenplay, and before you hire someone to create one for you, learn the fastest, most accurate, least expensive way to capture and protect your story. Then learn about ways you can swiftly begin to sell it.
This is the perfect workbook and set of vidoes for anyone who wants to sell a story to Hollywood or to news media, and for anyone currently contemplating writing a memoir. What you learn will save you thousands of dollars, many months or years, and provide you with protections it will otherwise difficult for you to acquire.
You will learn:
- Why true life stories are valuable.
- How you can swiftly capture and protect your true life stories swiftly, cost effectively, and easily.
- How capturing your work yourself before working with third parties like ghost writers or contract filmmakers provides critical long term benefits.
- How you can begin selling your true life story to the general public, interested audiences, publishers, and producers swiftly.
- The difference between licensing and selling intellectual property
- How to pitch writers, filmmakers, publishers, and producers stories you’ve captured
You will receive:
- Lecture notes that cover all the topics we discuss with links to resources and services you can use.
- Additional videos designed to help you understand intellectual property, issues involved in telling true life stories, and contract law fundamentals you should have a good grounding in before you sell your story to anyone.
If you are currently working to capture, package, and sell your own true life experiences, or the life story or stories of others, this is an important event to attend. If you have a fictional story you want to tell, many of these techniques can also be used to capture and protect that as well.
If you have questions about these resources, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
“ Awesome ”
— Raffaele Marraffa on Oct 16, 2017.
“ Awesome, met lots of good people! ”
— Alexander K on Aug 20, 2016.
“ Excellent and accessible. ”
— Maccana on Apr 8, 2016.
“ Thank you, Nancy! ”
— Camille Bacos on Jun 13, 2015.
“ Always great topics, information and speakers. ”
— Lee Forgang on Dec 5, 2017.
“ it's a great place to start, love the group ”
— tyson v on Sep 10, 2017.
“ Worthwhile venues, quality people. Nancy Fulton puts a lot of energy into each event. ”
— Lauren Bell on Jul 31, 2017.
“ Fantastic group! ”
— Elena on May 6, 2017.
“ I had a good time ”
— james on Nov 22, 2016.
“ This is the best Meetup! Nancy does an excellent job each time we have an event! ”
— Ericka on Mar 3, 2016.
“ More ditto!!! ”
— Takara Kane on Feb 7, 2016.
“ We have the most interesting and action filled fact and method meetings! ”
— Constance Golden on Sep 19, 2015.
“ It's like what I tell the waiter when he asks how my meal was. I just show him my clean plate. I left with a clean plate today. I'll be back. ”
— Saul Isler on Sep 5, 2015.
“ Really great! Nancy did a great job! ”
— Redd Kaiman on Apr 16, 2015.
“ It is a super group!!! ”
— Dennis Deppisch on Apr 16, 2015.
“ This was exactly what I was looking for, thank you. ”
— Naz Dardashti on Feb 24, 2015.
“ It seemed like a group of dedicated and serious writers. I look forward to attending more Meetups. ”
— Janet Leary on Feb 8, 2015.
“ Great group. Stimulating topics, lots of talent. ”
— Gloria Jaroff on Jan 27, 2015.
“ This group is great. Thank you Nancy for sharing your expertise with us. ”
— Julie Couture on Nov 13, 2013.
“ Really informative and funny and interesting. Thank you for a great evening. ”
— Julie Valentine on Oct 30, 2013.
“ Great--hope to see everybody again soon. ”
— Jan Stinchcomb on Oct 30, 2013.
“ Nancy has an incredible amount of knowledge and generously shares every bit of it...and her written notes after every meetup. Excellent! ”
— june stoddard on Oct 29, 2013.