Tooth From the Tiger's Mouth:
Gong Fu Sports Medicine - Treatment of Injuries with Chinese Medicine with Tom Bisio
This comprehensive online course is based on the bestselling book, "A Tooth From the Tiger’s Mouth," by Tom Bisio. You are literally in the classroom with Tom as he discusses the theory and treatment of sports injuries and orthopedic conditions. Tom draws on his extensive experience in Chinese sports medicine to make the material come alive for the student. The emphasis of this class is on the acquisition of clinical skills that can immediately be put into practice.
With 29 in-depth videos and 2 PDFs, this class is ideal for martial artists, trainers, physical therapists, acupuncturists, massage therapists, coaches, nurses, doctors and other medical professionals. Anyone with an interest in treating themselves or their family should take this course.
A must for any athlete or weekend warrior!
The three stages of injury are discussed in detail, using a multi-modality approach to treatment and healing that gets immediate and clinically effective results. Liniments, Poultices and Plasters (Gao), Herbal Soaks, and pre-made Internal formulas will be discussed in detail, and you will learn how to combine these therapies with Acupuncture, Tui Na, Guasha and Cupping.
You will learn when each type of therapy is appropriate, and how to use each therapeutic modality.
Fans of A Tooth From the Tiger’s Mouth will appreciate the addition of more detailed information and new herbal formulas.
Please Note: If you need CEU/PDA please go to healthyseminars.com to purchase this class.
** You will only receive CEU's if you purchase this class from healthyseminars.com
Here’s What You Get When You Order Today!
Over 60 pages of written information & 29 videos (streaming)
- 33 Page Course Handout (PDF) including all Herbal Formulas discussed in the class.
- 32 Page Extract (PDF) from A Tooth From the Tiger’s Mouth: How to Treat Your Injuries with Powerful Healing Secrets of the Great Chinese Warriors by Tom Bisio
- 29 videos (streaming)
Gong Fu Sports Medicine Course Outline
Part 1: Introduction and Foundational Principles
- Introduction to Gong Fu Sports Medicine
- Four Pillars of Chinese Sports Medicine and Introduction to Stages of Injury
Part 2: Western Perspectives on Treating Injuries
- Western Perspectives on Treating Injuries Part 1: Four Stages of Inflammation and Tissue Repair
- Western Perspectives on Treating Injuries Part 2: Treatment Principles & R.I.C.E.
- Western Perspectives on Treating Injuries Part 3: Anti-Inflammatories & Corticosteroids
Part 3: Chinese Perspective on Treating Injuries
- Chinese Perspective on Treating Injuries Part 1: Foundation
- Chinese Perspective on Treating Injuries Part 2: Analogy of the Beaver Dam
- Chinese Perspective on Treating Injuries Part 3: Analyzing an Injury
Part 4: Treating Stage 1 Injuries: Acute Stage
- Basic Principles of Treating 1st Stage Soft Tissue Injuries
- Poultices & Plasters (Gao): San Huang San and using different Mediums to make a Gao
- Poultices & Plasters (Gao): Die Da San and Commercially Available Plasters for Acute 1st Stage Injury
- Liniments: Die Da Jiu, San Huang Liniment and Commercially Available Liniments for Acute 1st Stage Injury
- Liniments – Black Eye Treatment
- Internal Herbs – Die Da Wan
- Internal Herbs – Qi Li San & Yunnan Baiyao
- Dietary Considerations and Exercise
Part 5: Treating Stage 2 Injuries: Sub-Acute Stage
- Basic Principles of Treating 2nd Stage Soft Tissue Injuries
- Poultices & Plasters (Gao): Ru Yi Jin Huang Gao and Die Da San
- Commercially Available Plasters for Sub- Acute 2nd Stage Injuries
- Tendon Lotion and Commercially Available Liniments
- Herbal Soaks, Steams & Compresses
- Internal Herbs
- Life Style Considerations
Part 6: Treating Stage 3 Injuries: Chronic Stage
- Basic Principles of Treating 3rd Stage Soft Tissue Injuries
- Bone-Sinew Gao
- Commercially available Plasters for Chronic 3rd Stage Injuries
- Warming Soak & 3rd Stage Liniments
- Internal Herbs – Xiao Huo Luo Dan
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Thank you for purchasing "Tooth From the Tiger's Mouth: Gong Fu Sports Medicine - Treatment of Injuries with Chinese Medicine."
We will send you an email with a link to access the class. If you do not see this email please check your spam folder.
I hope you enjoy the class.
For articles, courses, books, videos and more information on Practical Chinese Medicine, Qi Gong, Ba Gua Zhang and Xing Yi Quan visit our website: https://www.internalartsinternational.com
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.Tweet Share