This node can generate and grow grass blades or similar vegetation meshes (and curves) from the surface of the input geo. It's quite fast and flexible. The asset contains the 3 demos I show in the video (updated to the current version, of course).
Use it to make tufts or crack it open and learn some of the VEX that drives it.
A key goal for me has been to achieve stylized looks and to control randomness a fair bit.
- v2.1 Re-written rotation makes rotating 10s of thousands of strands faster
- v2.1 No Variance Threshold weirdness anymore!
- v2.1 Fixed rotation framing for Along Falloff Gradient alignment. Grassy field demo included which clearly shows correctly aligned strands perpendicular to the axis of most increase in the falloff attribute.
- v2.1 Rotation axis menus available
- v2.1 Pscale/Width randomization parameters
- v2.1 Don't adjust orient attribute when rotating option can give interesting sweep results (for angles less than 90)
- v2.1 The previous (v2.0) asset definition is included.
- v2.1 More efficient falloff attribute creation
- v2.0 Point orient attribute now follows the correct curve framing convention.
- v2.0 All sweep parameters are now exposed (Thanks to above fix, and this ties back to the promise of stylization capabilities I made at the very beginning.)
- v2.0 Variance Threshold bug fix when working with less than 20 points.
- v2.0 Example node graphs now contain correctly embedded geometry.
- v2.0 Minor tweaks to parameter defaults and the documentation.
Overview of v1.1 relevant to v2.0
Note to full commercial Houdini users: Download via Orbolt.com is possible.
I'll be stoked to see what you can create with it.
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.