This node can generate and grow grass blades or similar vegetation meshes (and curves) from the surface of the input geo. It's quite fast and flexible. The asset contains the 3 demos I show in the video (updated to the current version, of course).
Use it to make tufts or crack it open and learn some of the VEX that drives it.
A key goal for me has been to achieve stylized looks and to control randomness a fair bit.
- v2.1 Re-written rotation makes rotating 10s of thousands of strands faster
- v2.1 No Variance Threshold weirdness anymore!
- v2.1 Fixed rotation framing for Along Falloff Gradient alignment. Grassy field demo included which clearly shows correctly aligned strands perpendicular to the axis of most increase in the falloff attribute.
- v2.1 Rotation axis menus available
- v2.1 Pscale/Width randomization parameters
- v2.1 Don't adjust orient attribute when rotating option can give interesting sweep results (for angles less than 90)
- v2.1 The previous (v2.0) asset definition is included.
- v2.1 More efficient falloff attribute creation
- v2.0 Point orient attribute now follows the correct curve framing convention.
- v2.0 All sweep parameters are now exposed (Thanks to above fix, and this ties back to the promise of stylization capabilities I made at the very beginning.)
- v2.0 Variance Threshold bug fix when working with less than 20 points.
- v2.0 Example node graphs now contain correctly embedded geometry.
- v2.0 Minor tweaks to parameter defaults and the documentation.
Overview of v1.1 relevant to v2.0
Note to full commercial Houdini users: Download via Orbolt.com is possible.
I'll be stoked to see what you can create with it.
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.