This tutorial covers the basics of tiling textures as well as my 2 UV system for blending unique details and tiles. This gives you a lot of flexibility in your modeling process as well as speed due to not having to bake down a high poly.
There is over 10 hours of video content of me creating this from the blockout stage to the final stage in real time with commentary. You get all the files you need to follow along as well. I use 3ds Max 2017 in this tutorial and it is recommended that you use it to follow along, but you may set up your materials to match mine in your 3d program of choice and follow along as well.
What you get:
- 10+ hours of video content in real time with commentary showing my workflows and modeling techniques in detail as well as my thoughts during scene creation.
- Blockout models and scene files from 3ds max 2017-2014 also FBX and OBJ
- My final result in FBX and 3ds max files.
- 2 Unreal 4 scenes (both the blockout and my final result)
- List of my hotkeys
- All the assets and project files needed to create this scifi diorama
- Workflow tips and advice
- High poly trim sheet OBJ and FBX for both the rubber and metal trims
- My entire Unreal setup in the scene files as well as material breakdowns so you can deconstruct them.
- Examples Images as well as a text quick documentation on tips for usage.
Scroll through the images on this Gumroad for more examples.
I am using 3ds Max 2017 and suggest it for this tutorial, you may download it from the Autodesk website.
The tutorial starts off slow and covers a lot of basics and speeds up as I go along, if you want to follow along i recommend having an intermediate understanding of 3ds Max and a basic understanding of Unreal 4.
Follow me on:
The all assets and files in this tutorial are not for commercial use and are for educational purposes only. They are not for resale in part or whole.
If you would like to use my trims sheets for commercial work you can purchase the trim sheet pack on my Gumroad page.
Thank you for supporting me feel free to email me your feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.Tweet Share