Blueprint powered system to make an interact world map, local maps, waypoint system and compass. Useful for helping your players feel attached to your world as well as find their way through your game.
Demonstration Video (via YouTube)
System Preview (via YouTube)
This blueprint powered system is an incredibly easy to install, use and customize system that allows designers to quickly set up a UMG backed system of maps and navigation widgets to assist the player in navigating the game world.
• An interactive world map that shows all world locations that the player has previously discovered. Locations can be given their own unique icon, coloring, and can be fast traveled to, with controls in place to limit the players ability to travel to/from specific locations
• The map can be zoomed in and out of and panned to enable easier exploration for the player.
• Dynamic local map system that automatically detects when the player enters a new world location and updates based on information placed in a world location actor. Can be used to show the players movement through the location in real time.
• Player driven custom waypoint system that allows a player to place a waypoint on the world map by clicking which will show up on the HUD to indicate where they should head. Could easily be used for quest waypoints and similar.
• On screen compass, showing directions (North, South, East, West) as well as the custom waypoint location.
All easily configurable to include new/different artwork, extended functionality, and so on. All blueprints are set out in easy-to-read and logical manners to encourage learning and expansion.
Video documentation is available via this YouTube playlist.
Number of Blueprints: 22
List of Features: World map with interactive zoom, pan and waypoint placement. Local map based on current world location. World compass with waypoint indicator. On screen waypoint indicator. be completed before release date)
Intended Platform: Windows, Mac
Platforms Tested: Windows , Mac
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: Where can I go if I need any assistance with this system?
SOME LEGAL STUFF...
Q: What do I get when purchasing this?
A: Purchase of the Quest Map and Navigation System grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable license to use, reproduce, display, perform, and modify the system for any lawful purpose. You will be provided with download links to the files for this template, and will be granted access to all updates that are to be released for the lifetime of the product.
Q: What can I do with this pack once I have purchased it?
A: Besides using this content for learning, experimenting, and prototyping, you can also ship it in your own products, too! However, you can’t sell or sublicense this content to other developers for use in their products, e.g. via website or e-commerce mechanism built into a 3D development tool.
Q: Can I use content from this package in another engine besides Unreal?
A: No, sorry. the system itself is written using Unreal Engine 4 blueprints, so they simply will not work in another engine. The example content included is all provided by Epic Games them self, or other authors credited in the project itself, and is strictly for use within the Unreal Engine. If you really want to use some of the content included in another engine, please contact me and I can attempt to discuss this with the other authors. Content provided by Epic Games is strictly for use within UE4 without exception.
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.