What you will learn
- subsurf modeling to create the parts of the character (Helmet, Mask, Chest Armor)
- creating realistic metal and glass materials with simple node setups (Black Metal, Grey Metal, Silver Metal, Black Glass)
- adding objects with emission shader as lighting around the character
- setting up the camera and create some quick renders to find your favourite camera angle
- creating a high quality 4K render with Blenders path tracing render engine Cycles
Merlin Peppler - Founder of CGI-Guy, Sci-Fi Nerd and 3D Artist @ CREATE 3D
- Blender 2.8 or beyond (available for free)
- navigating in 3D Viewport
- difference between Verticies, Edges and Faces
- usage of Modifiers (Mirror, Subsurf)
- usage of Perspective and Orthographic Views
If you never used Blender before
Catch up all the basics for free trough my website - check my profile to find the link.
You will receive my original .blend file with the finished project.
We will use blueprints with original dimensions as a reference for creating the 3D model.
These blueprints were only created for this course and are not available anywhere else.
I also suggest that you search for other reference images online to get an idea of what we are creating in detail.
Everything I used to create this course
Assets (Free Licence)
- Music: Olympus by Ross Bugden (Soundcloud)
- Fonts: Bebas Neue by Ryoichi Tsunekawa (dafont), Star Jedi by Boba Fonts (dafont)
- Intro / Outro / Notifications: Designed by RKMFX (Youtube) edited by CGI-Guy
- Music: Blast by EdRecords (Bensound)
Software (Open Source)
- Blender 2.8 by The Blender Foundation (3D Modeling)
- Open Broadcaster Software by Jim (Video Capturing)
- Vegas Pro 14 by MAGIX Software GmbH (Video Editing)
- ERA-D by Accusonus (Audio Editing)
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
So glad you are supporting my work - enjoy the course and leave your feedback.
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.