** New Reduced Price - This book was designed for Unity 4.6 and while the core concepts will work in Unity 5, there may be a few places where the UI or steps to reproduce are different. I'll be updating the book shortly which will be a free upgrade. **
Weekend Code Project: Build A 2D Platformer In Unity is the quick-start guide you've been looking for in order to learn how to build a simple 2D platformer in Unity 4.5. The pdf guide, included artwork (Zombie Pixel Art Pack - Pro $24.99 value) and full source code will walk you through:
- Working with sprites and animation
- Creating a player that runs, jumps and shoots
- Creating a zombie with basic platformer AI
- Extending Unity's IDE to build a Tile Map Editor
- Includes the PDF, EPUB, artwork, source code/projects and Zombie Pixel Art Pack - Pro
This detailed 133 page guide is designed for people new to building 2D game with Unity. Want to see samples of what you will build? Visit the dedicated product page on my website at http://jessefreeman.com/learn-build-platformer-unity-2d/.