The current VSUITE standards have been around for over a decade and have started facing challenges keeping up with technology changes (growth of mobile, OTT, SSAI, explosion of device types/bandwidth profiles, etc.). These challenges result in issues around delivering media assets, reducing errors, addressing privacy and data leakage concerns, managing a good cross-platform experience, and more.
The new set of standards (VAST 4.x, SIMID and OMID) released over the last few months address these technology challenges and also apply some much-needed discipline and transparency. This session will bring together some of the key contributors to the IAB Tech Lab's Digital Video and OTT Working Groups, in order to discuss the drivers that resulted in the changes and explore how these new standards will help the industry over the next few years. Panelists include:
• J. Allen Dove, CTO, SpotX
• Pieter Mees, VP of Video and Publisher Product, DoubleVerify
• Sambit Patnaik, Director of Product Management, Video, The Rubicon Project
• Amit Shetty, Senior Director of Product, Video and Audio, IAB Tech Lab (Moderator)
• Michael Tuminello, VP of Publisher Products, Integral Ad Science
• Jarred Wilichinsky, VP of Video Monetization and Operations, CBS Interactive