bibisco is an open source desktop application for writing novels, available for Linux, MacOS, Windows.
bibisco is a personal project, made with love.
We love books and we want to help writers to write beautiful novels.
With bibisco you can organize chapters and scenes, manage revisions, export novel in pdf or rtf, and write with a fully featured text editor.
You can create a novel structure, define premise, fabula, narrative strands and settings: geographic, temporal and social context.
And, most of all, with bibisco you can know everything about your characters. Because your novel works only if its characters are believable, that is when you understand their human nature's complexity.
bibisco Supporters Edition has some special features only for supporters:
- objects section: objects useful for story development (magic wand, gun...)
- general notes card in architecture scenes
- move scene from chapter to another
- dark theme
- starting with version 2.0, bibisco is based on a completely different technology (node.js) compared to version 1.0 (java), so the projects realized with version 1 of bibisco are not compatible with version 2. Then, if you are at the final chapters of your book on bibisco version 1, I suggest to finish it, and go to version 2 for a new project!
- bibisco is tested on Windows 10, MacOS High Sierra, Ubuntu 16.04. If you're not sure that bibisco will work on your operating system, first try bibisco Community Edition.
- only versions for 64bit architectures are available.
If you're not completely satisfied, I have a 30 day money-back guarantee.