The only book you need to become productive with Vim.
I've been using Vim for more than seven years now, and it still amazes me every single day. It is lightweight, it's extensible, and it's amazingly productive.
The problem is that out of the box, Vim is not too impressive (compared to the modern IDEs), so a newbie has to spend some time setting it up properly.
I wrote this book that focuses on productivity from the very first chapter.
You will learn not only how to use Vim, but what's much more important — how to adjust it to your own needs and build the experience of your dreams.
Three core principles behind this book:
- Focus on building a configuration that will work for you
- Pragmatic: less theory, only things that make you efficient at your work
- Productive from Chapter 1
What else is there?
- Based on NeoVim - the most advanced and stable version of Vim
- A robust full-featured IDE by the end of the book
- Learn not only Vim but also some Unix tools and you can use them with Vim
NOTE: Currently, the book is in early beta, which means that you can buy it for half price (and will be able to download all the updated and expanded versions later as they are available).