If you’ve found your way to this guide then you're considering a Vipassana Meditation Course, but you might be overwhelmed by the prospect and unsure if it's right for you. Experiencing a Vipassana course first hand is different than anything you could imagine when you read accounts from others. This guide will arm you with an understanding of what you are undertaking when you sign up for the ten-day introductory Vipassana course in the teachings of S.N. Goenka. It also provides practical advice on everything from how to best prepare for the course, what to pack, to what you should do after you finish your course—and everything in between.
If you’re taking a course, or if you’re on the fence about taking a course, this guide clarifies the details, theory, and goals for a Vipassana course. This guide also pulls advice from past students about what they wish they had known going into a course, and how they prepared. My sole purpose with this guide is to streamline your research by pulling all of the advice, tips, and information scattered around the web into one spot.
It’s important to know that you do not need this guide to have a successful Vipassana course. Many students enter a Vipassana with little planning and preparation; it’s possible. But this guide is a preparatory document for those in search of a single and comprehensive source of information for beginning Vipassana participants.
- breaks down the key theories and purpose of Vipassana meditation.
- shares the history of the technique and its founder, S.N. Goenka.
- outlines all of the rules and restrictions required during the 10-day course.
- provides advice on how to book a course and languages offered
- shares a comparison of courses taught in Western and non-Western locations.
- offers a full packing list
- examines food, drink, accommodations, and other considerations unique to centers located in various parts of the world.
- entertains the question of "should you attend a Vipassana course" and helps guide you to understanding if it's right for your situation.
- gives a personal narrative account of what it's like during the ten days.
- provides advice from past students about every aspect of the course and teachings.
- offers recommended readings and follow up activities for Vipassana students.
This is a secure platform and the author never receives any of your personal payment details. You can download the guide in your preferred format, PDF, MOBI or EPUB.
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.