Addon for Blender for smoothing mesh surfaces without too much of volume loss.
Volume Preserving Smoothing takes also into account sharp edges - they will be treated as rails for verts to slide on. This can help to maintain main shapes of smoothed object.
To access the smoothing menu use W key in mesh edit mode -> Mesh Smoothing:
- Inflate smoothing
- Laplacian HC smoothing
- Volume smoothing
Additional parameters are available after executing operator with F6 hotkey.
To make edge into sliding rail for verts - just mark edge loop as sharp. Now verts belonging to this edge, will move only along rail edge.
- smooth mesh while maintaining main object shape
- border mesh vertices will slide together with rest of the mesh, to get nice even distribution, or they can be frozen
- mirror modifier aware = center vertices wont move away from symmetry line
- ability to define sliding rail edges (marked as sharp)
- three edge tension methods (Uniform, Proportional to edge length, Inverse to edge length)
- optimized with NUMPY
Update 1.1 + 1.2 + 1.3:
* improved speed around 60%, plus bug fix.
- you can increase iterations amount above 20 (by manually entering bigger value)