In this tutorial you will learn how to create real time digital playground that can be used to create endless compositions and lighting scenarios in Unreal Engine 4 while using Megascans to speed up your world building process as well as ray-tracing to elevate visual fidelity of your renders. More examples
Who is this for:
Concept artists and designers who want to incorporate 3D into their pipeline. As well as environment artists that are looking to speed up their prototyping process. This course was designed to be informative and engaging for artists of different levels and professional backgrounds
- Beginner artists will get an overview of every step that is required to create a finished artwork starting from how to install the engine and get access to Megascans to final paintover in Photoshop.
- Experienced professionals on the other hand will learn how to incorporate real time rendering into their 3D pipeline as long as few tips and trick that can speed up your modeling and world building in 3D.
What you get:
- 5 Chapters including theory and practical demos.
- 4.5 Hours of narrated video lessons.
- 25 min bonus paint-over timelapse.
- 3D Models with Textures (Terrain, Astronaut, Rover)
- Original JPG’s of demo artwork.
CHAPTER 1 - Introduction - 3 min
CHAPTER 2 - Modeling Overview - 30 min
- FBX Export checklist
- Vehicle modeling/Export
- Character Modeling/Export
- Terrain Generation/Export
CHAPTER 3 - UE 4 / Megascans Installation and Setup - 32 min
- Unreal 4 download and installation
- Unreal 4 UI basics
- Quixel Bridge setup
- Importing Megascans into Unreal 4
CHAPTER 4 - Unreal 4 Fundamentals - 2.3 hours
Part 1 - 38min
- Reference board
- Importing Assets
- Megascans library scouting
- Setting up sky and atmosphere
Part 2 - 45min
- Materials and textures
- Terrain blend material
- Character glass and emissive
- Vehicle metals and plastics
Part 3 - 55min
- Cinematic camera
- Post processing
- Rendering Features
- Volumetric fog
CHAPTER 5 - Timelapse Demo - 1.6 hours
Part 1 - 31min
- Unreal Engine scenes assembly
- Part 2 - 31min
- Photoshop Paintover,
- Color harmonies
- Value separation
- Removing CG look
Part 3 Bonus - 28min
- Photoshop Paintover 2 - No narration.
My name is Vladimir Somov and I am an environment artist and a concept designer. I spent over 5 years working as a Principal cinematic artist in Ubisoft. I worked on franchises like Assassin's Creed, Far Cry and For Honor. During my time in cinematic team I got to work in various art related positions from a senior modeler to concept artists.
If you have any questions or feedback feel free to email me @ firstname.lastname@example.org
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Thank you for your support, you are awesome!
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.