Sticky Controller is a tool for Maya, specially designed for animators that need create extra controls over a rig that is in an animation shot in a simple way.
Sticky Controller have 3 versions:
- Free: for non commercial use and without "fast mode".
- Personal: for freelance/personal use (limited to one animator) and with "fast mode".
- Studio: for company/studios (unlimited animators) and with "fast mode".
Updates and support
Only by buying a commercial version you have support and updates guaranteed.
- Free: CC 4.0 BY-NC-ND (Attribution, Non comercial, No derivate works)
- Personal/Studio: Copyright
About "Fast Mode"
"Fast mode" is a compiled version of Sticky Controller that increase performance up to 200% (Depends on the version of Maya)
Is only available in commercial versions.
For the moment is only compatible with Maya Windows x64.
Maya 2013+ all plarforms
- Unzip "tx_stickyController" folder where you want.
- Drag and Drop "install.mel" to Maya viewport.
Example of Use
- Select reference object (control or joint that control the area).
- Select the geometry area (recommended use Maya Soft Selection).
- Make Sticky Controller.
- Configure It (shape, color, size and weight).
- Optional: you can save and load your Sticky Controllers.
- First Release
- FIX: the installer fail if maya.env have content
- FIX: the installer fail with line endings in maya.env
- NEW: vertex orientation
- FIX: if linear unir is different from cm, the control appears in an incorrect position
- FIX: in orient as reference, control rotation have incorrect pivot if reference object have rotation distributed. Example(in ik spine)
- FIX: install fail if shelf have separators
- FIX: if the UI is open, can't select sticky controls + normal controls
- FIX: Undo fail
- FIX: lost selection when UI is opened
- NEW: auto mode(experimental), only works with skinned objects.
- FIX: when load sticky controller file, fail if you don't have anything selected
More Info and Support