How do you know your warehouse is performing to a good standard? This warehouse audit tool enables you to identify areas for improvement and measure your warehouse performance.
This self-assessment type Warehouse Audit Tool also:
- Encourages employee’s involvement and responsibility in driving warehouse improvement.
- Encourages staff to reflect on their role and contribution to the key warehouse processes.
- Allows staff to see and reflect on their peers' assessment of their contribution.
- Focuses on the development of employees' judgment skills
This tool is developed as a result of a research project with Manchester Business School.This comprehensive & tested warehouse assessment tool has 184 questions in below mentioned 6 Categories.
As a Manager or staff, you need to be aware of warehouse processes that need to be planned and controlled include:
“inbound flow handling, product-to-location assignment, product storage, order-to-stock location-allocation, order batching and release, order picking, packing, value-added logistics activities, and shipment (Ackerman, 1980).”
6 Categories of Warehouse Audit Tool
In this warehouse audit tool characteristics (indicators) and dimensions of warehouse management will be examined under 6 parts-
1. Internal Areas – Security check, safety briefing, floor plan, ventilation, and many more.
2. External Areas – Signboards, routes, lighting, parking and many more.
3. Systems, Planning and Equipment - IT systems, mechanical handling equipment, key warehouse processes, movement of goods, vehicle booking system, scheduling of vehicles.
4. Health and Safety - Internal H&S, external H&S, staff awareness and many more.
5. Inbound & Inspection - non-conformance product and packaging, scheduling of vehicle arrivals.
6. Despatch, Housekeeping and Performance Measurement - Picking, warehouse performance management, training, shift allocation, employee utilisation and many more.
You need simply select 1 of the 5 choices on likert scale. If N/A is selected, it will not be accounted in total score. Once the you complete self-assessment you will get 3 graphs as shown below.
In the last decade, we observed an increasing complexity in warehouse operations. This complexity is very well demonstrated by the implementation of sophisticated IT tools in warehouses and distribution centres (DCs). Therefore, we need a comprehensive warehouse audit program & warehouse audit plan to assess this complexity and identify any blind spot
Lastly, the main aim of the above-mentioned categories and questions in this warehouse audit tool is to guides you towards Best practices in warehousing operations.
Supplementary Inventory Management Policies & Procedure You Should have in your SCM Policy Book.
- Stocktaking: The Ultimate Guide (Stocktaking Procedure)
- Excess and Obsolete Inventory Policy Guide – Revised & Updated
- The Ultimate Guide to Inventory Planning Methods
- Cycle Counting Procedure Made Simple: A Step-by-Step Guide
- The Ultimate Guide to Demand Forecasting
If you choose to download these materials, you'll be added to my mailing list. You can unsubscribe at any time, but I hope you'll stick around.
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Thanks for your support in purchasing this warehouse audit tool. I really hope this will help you improve your warehouse performance and engagement.
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.