A WordPress Plugin to create PDFs from your Posts and Pages using the PrintCSS Cloud, DocRaptor, Typeset.sh APIs or any local tool* for PDF generation. The Plugin is currently in alpha state. Read more about the Plugin in my article on printcss.blog.
The WordPress Plugin is tested with version 5.7.
* You can install AHFormatter, PDFreactor, Prince, WeasyPrint, PagedJS CLI, or Vivliostyle CLI on your web server and use this instead of an API.
To send the PrintCSS Cloud API request, you need to subscribe to a plan on RapidAPI. For the DocRaptor and Typeset.sh APIs you also will need to subscribe to one of their plans before using them. Otherwise, you need to install one of the above-mentioned tools on your webserver.
Installation and Setup
- Upload the complete directory into your wp-content/plugins folder
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
- Add your PrintCSS Cloud Key, any other API key or local tool on the Settings Page under 'Settings' > 'Magazine.'
- Go to your Pages or Posts, select some of them and use the Bulk Action 'Render PDF with demo Theme.'
- The result PDF gets stored in the Media Library.
The Templates are stored in the 'wp-content/magazine_themes' folder and can be edited directly there or via the new theme editor in the WordPress UI under 'Appearance' > 'Magazine'.
- Version 0.1.0 Add Shortcode, Fix broken Placeholder Help Text, Add PDFreactor sample to Help Text, Change Layout of Options and Theme Page, Update Demo Theme with Front and Back Cover (only updates if you have no Theme available)
- Version 0.0.9 Add DocRaptor and Typeset.sh APIs and allow a local command to render.
- Version 0.0.8 Add Upload & Download Theme as ZIP Option, Add Help Tabs for Options and Themes Page
- Version 0.0.7 Update Theme and Options Page Layout, Fix Activation Hook to create Demo Theme
- Version 0.0.6 Added Themes and Theme Editor
- Version 0.0.5 Add Widget to show render link on the website, Placeholder replacement in the CSS and JS files, Added ACF_ as a prefix for the ACF Placeholders, Added Placeholder for the page/post slug
- Version 0.0.4 Added Feature Image and ACF Field Placeholders
- Version 0.0.3 First Release
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.