Once you have learned the basics of Django there is a massive gap between building simple "toy apps" and what it takes to build a "production-ready" web application suitable for deployment to thousands or even millions of users.
This book covers in-depth how professional Django programmers do their job and build these real-world web applications.
We will build from scratch an online bookstore that supports purchases via Stripe. And we will cover in-depth the following topics:
* Django 3.0 & Python 3.7
* Advanced user registration: custom user models, social authentication
* Using Docker & PostgreSQL locally
* Environment variables (no more multiple settings files!)
* Permissions and file/image uploads
* Payments with Stripe
* Security & Performance must-haves