Welcome to the world's most comprehensive manual about how to live without making any trash whatsoever! This monster 215 page guide will teach you 148 'zero waste actions' complete with detailed explanations, DIYs, tips, recipes, home hacks and product recommendations that will transform you into a sustainability superstar.
Zero waste living will dramatically change your life. It can save you up to $10,000 per year. It can drastically improve your diet and it can prevent a myriad of toxic chemicals from entering your home. Many people have found that zero waste living has improved their emotional wellbeing by shifting their focus to a life rich in experiences and not things. 'Zero wasters' claim to experience better sleep quality, improved concentration and an unexpected sense of joy that comes when they 'de-trash' their lives.
With detailed research into nearly fifty Life Cycle Analysis (LCA) reports, environmental engineer and award-winning entrepreneur, Katie Patrick, details the mind-boggling volumes of trash that are prevented by each zero waste action. She explains the specific amounts of coal, oil, gas and water that are embodied in the manufacture of the everyday items we throw away, revealing quantitative evidence of just how powerful zero waste living can be to change the world.
This guide is suited as a curriculum or program for schools, colleges, community groups, government departments, workplaces and for your personal life to dramatically slash your environmental footprint.
Here's an example of the table of contents for the 'Bathroom' chapter.
Bathroom zero waste actions
- Use a two-bin system in the bathroom
- Refill your shampoos, soaps, and lotions at the refill store
- Use a shampoo bar
- Buy bamboo toothbrushes
- Make your own toothpaste
- Use compostable silk dental floss
- Make your own mouthwash
- Use a safety razor, brush and lathering soap
- Make your own deodorant
- Use handkerchiefs instead of tissues
- Use compostable earbuds
- Make a simple air freshener with essential oils
- Make your own leg wax & cloth strips
- Make your own sunscreen & tinted moisturizer
- Make your own hair spray & hair gel
- Make your own cleanser, scrub, and hand soap from castile soap
- Make your lip balm and lipsticks
- Make your own blush
- Make your own dry shampoo
- Add a bidet extension to your toilet
- Make your own moisturizer
- Make your own liquid eyeliner & mascara
All the chapters
Everyday Zero Waste Actions
In the Doorway
Cleaning & Laundry
Fashion & Furnishings
Festivities & Events
How to Make a Zero Waste Community
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.