Drawing is an art that is accessible to anyone. Originally a self-taught artist, I learned so much through practice alone. However, through studying tutorials posted by peers online, taking classes with professional portrait artists, and by studying the works of old masters, I’ve been able to reach a new level of knowledge that I would love to pass on to anyone willing to learn.
I’m teaching this class to share my process with you so you can learn the drawing secret it has taken me years to discover: the most beautiful drawings are often the most simple drawings.
What You'll Learn
In this class I'll teach you how to get started drawing your own beautiful life-like pencil portraits. We'll cover:
- Materials. Which materials and references will make for the best portraits.
- Basic Sketching. How to compose your basic sketch through gesture and accurate proportions.
- Planes. How to understand light and shade on the planes of the face.
- Features and Forms. How to structure the forms of your subject's eyes, nose, mouth, ears and hair.
- Finishing Touches. How to capture those finishing details that will really make your portrait special.
Class Runtime: 1 hr 12 mins, broken down into 17 step by step videos
Also included: Written PDF with explanations and illustrations on all material covered
This class is also available on Skillshare, a monthly subscription service. All videos are accessible there every month you pay.
However if you are interested in having the videos for your personal library and lifetime access, they can be downloaded here!
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.