Follow along as I demonstrate the workflow I like to use for creating weapon design concepts, from creation of the 2D sketch, to the modeling and rendering of the blockout model in Modo, and then the final paintover and presentation for a client.
I will also be discussing my thoughts about weapon design and considerations to make when designing for a 1st person view vs. 3rd person.
Four 1080p narrated videos consisting of:
- Creating the initial 2D sketch in Photoshop
- Creating the 3D concept blockout model in Modo
- Rendering your concept blockout model in Modo
- Final paintover and presentation layout in Photoshop
- Bonus Quick Start video that goes over the basic set of tools I use for Modo
OBJ file of the final blockout model
- LXO file of the model and render setup
- Layered PSDs of the 2D sketch and final presentation
This workflow is aimed at those with an intermediate knowledge of Modo, but anyone with a basic knowledge of any other 3D polygonal modeling software should be able to follow along with most of the steps.
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.