In this new tutorial series i am creating i will show you how to quickly establish a basemesh, use it to create a character(which one will be a suprise!) using reference images and inspiration and take it all the way to an asset ready for any next-gen game engine.
In this short part 1 of a multi part tutorial series, I establish a ZSpheres mannequin and then move to adaptive skin geometry to establishing basic proportions and gesture and then dynamesh and start sculpting in the main shapes of the torso.
Make sure to follow me for updates when the new parts are out!
In future parts to come i will (these will be longer and narrated):
- Sculpt up the rest of the basemesh body to the same level of quality.
- Match to a concept to be revealed.
- Add costume using clothing workflows incl. Marvelous Designer, Zbrush etc.
- First pass colour exploration in ZBrush.
- Hair prototyping.
- Game mesh creation / Retopologising.
- Baking various maps needed when texturing for next gen.
- Texture creation. (Photoshop/SP/Mari).
- Shaders, final setup and presentation in a realtime environment to be decided (options are Marmoset, UE4, Unity or Frostbite! so let me know what your favorite is!)
If you like this tutorial and have suggestions for improvements, more sections or future tutorials, let me know!
Basic understanding of Zbrush.
Included in this purchase:
1x ZIP file containing 1x MP4 video tutorial.
Running length 12min 43sec.
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.Tweet Share