These handy little pouches are perfect for all kinds of great things. Whether you need a little bag for your sewing supplies, to use with your luggage or to throw in your purse or backpack, there is a perfect size for you.
Use any standard zipper and find out how easy it is to put a zipper in using Lazy Girl's trademark easy zipper technique.
The inside is lined, exposed inside seams are trimmed and zigzagged for a clean finish.
Once you've learned how to make Perfect Pouches, use them as pockets on the inside - or outside - of other projects. Make a pouch without the batting, then topstitch in place for a pocket where you need it!
Keeping in the Lazy Girl tradition, this project is quick and easy and offers a place to embellish and personalize.
BASIC SKILLS NECESSARY
- Straight Stitch, and Zig Zag Stitch Required.
- Rotary cut project, no pattern pieces provided.
- An even-feed or walking foot may be helpful.
- This project is designed to be made using 100% quilting cottons.
SIZING / FINISHED MEASUREMENTS
Approximately: Small 5" x 7", Medium 7" x 10", Large 9" x 13"
- Small Zipper: 12" or longer, polyester all-purpose only (Do not use a metal or sport-weight zipper.)
- Medium/Large Fabric: 2 Coordinating Fat Quarters Of Fabric Or 1/2 Yd Cut From Bolt.
- Medium/Large Zipper: 18" or longer, polyester all-purpose only (Do not use a metal or sport-weight zipper.)
- Small Fabric: Small: 1 Fat Quarter Of Fabric Or 1/4 Yd Cut From The Bolt.
- Batting All Sizes: 10" x 14" piece will work for any size. Fusible or sew-in fleece, low loft, poly.