Proven Ways to Use Prior Knowledge, Increase Motivation and Develop Learner Agency to Pave the Road to Learning Success
Have you ever thought about how to improve your teaching? Have you ever wondered what it takes to create learner success in any teaching environment?
Well, you need three things.
Make that four things:
You need to:
- Understand what people mean when they talk about "learner-centred" teaching.
- Know how to leverage your learners' prior knowledge.
- Have simple ways of increasing the motivation of your students.
- Know what learner agency is and how to develop it.
Who Is This Book Written For?
I've been working with vocational teachers and tertiary educators since 2006.
In my job as a professional learning and development consultant and trainer I've worked with and taught hundreds of teachers across all kinds of education providers
What I learned is that if you want to pave the road to learner success, you need to understand what learner-centred teaching is and how to develop it.
This book is for you if you:
- Want to create a more learner-centred teaching environment for adult learners in any teaching context.
- Work with vocational learners teaching trades, vocational skills or other practical material.
- If you've ever worried that your teaching might be considered a bit "old school" but was unsure what to do about it.
- If you're just looking to improve and do better by your students so that their success becomes your success.
What if I Don't Work with Adult Learners?
The concepts here work for all learners regardless of whether they are adults or children.
However, my experience is working with adult tertiary teachers.
And my examples and illustrations come from my experience.
So if you work with children, YES...!
These approaches and explanations will work for you as well
But you will need to think about how they apply in an age-appropriate way to your own situation.
Everything Gets Better When You Discover How to Apply These Three Simple Approaches
I've written about this from a different perspective in What is Learner-Centred as well.
What I mean is that everything gets better when you start teaching in a way that relates more to how your students really are.
This is the learner-centred approach and it's super easy to get started.
First of all, you need:
- A plain-English explanation of what learner-centred means and how it's different from teacher-centred.
Then you need to know the basics... three essential approaches you need to for learner-centred teaching.
You can make it more complicated than this if you want to.
And lots of people will try and make it more complicated than it needs to be.
But all you need to know to start making a difference are these three key approaches:
- Using prior knowledge
- Increasing motivation
- Developing Learner Agency
You Don't Need to Have an Advanced Degree in Education to Make This Stuff Work
Don't get me wrong... there's nothing wrong with doing some more study and gaining credentials.
But I've already done the work on this so you don't have to.
I will teach you:
- An easy-to-understand explanation of what learner-centred teaching is
- Why learner-centred teaching is important
- What's wrong with traditional teacher-centred approaches
- What the differences are between learner-centred and teacher-centred
- How to make the shift from an "old school" teacher-centred approach, to a more holistic learner-centred approach
And for each of the three key concepts of using prior knowledge, increasing motivation and developing learner agency I will help you understand:
- What it is in plain English
- How it contributes to a learner-centred teaching environment
- How you can use it to increase learner success
Let's get started...!
This will be the cheapest crash course in good teaching practice you've ever had
Click I want this and you can start paving the road to learning success for your learners.
And let their success be your success.
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.