As a Christmas Special, here's my free XMAS 2017 MegaPack update as a stand-alone brush set. This XMAS Brush Set contains 15 new and optimized brushes for Procreate 4 including the MAGIK SWORD brush I created for the great Nicholas Kole as well as 2 new color swatches.
- Nicholas Kole's MAGIK SWORD: A paper-textured multi-purpose brush with a hard and a soft edge. It can be used as a sketch, ink, and watercolor/marker brush as well as for painting with soft gradients and a seamless paper texture. Use pen tilt to create really smooth transitions with your brush strokes.
- The MAGIK SPEAR: A very versatile sketch and ink brush with nice dynamics and flow. Use tilt for blocking forms and shading.
- The MAGIK SHIELD: A dynamic painting and shading brush with a subtle paper texture. Use with low opacity for soft transitions and smooth shading.
- The MAGIK LANCE: This ink brush with varying line width is based on my popular Kolinsky ink and paint brush series. I added some extras like dynamic opacity and brush hair patterns that become gradually visible when you apply strong pressure and/or use a low pen tilt angle.
- WET OIL PAINT MIXER P4.2: A pure color mixing and blending brush I developed for digitally creating oil paintings from any reference photo or image in Procreate (also available as a stand-alone brush).
- XMAS GLAZE PAINTER
- XMAS MAGIK MESSY INKER
- XMAS MAGIK MESSY INKER roll: A variant of the MESSY INKER with longer streaks for low tilt angles.
- XMAS MAGIK SWORD OVAL: A new variant of the MAGIK SWORD with an oval brush tip and hard/soft edge orientation following your finger/stylus stroke direction.
- XMAS OIL PAINTER: A streaky oil painting, blending, and mixer brush. The color runs out at the end of each stroke - keep painting without lifting your pen/finger to move around and paint with the existing colors.
- XMAS MAGIK PAINTER WET: A multi-purpose wet paintbrush with a soft aquarelle paper texture. Use tilt to accentuate the texture grain.
- XMAS POINTILLISM: A versatile low-density spray brush, which you can use for loose stippling and spray shading as well as for adding dirt and dust to your scene.
- XMAS POSEIDON multiply: A modified version of my popular textured watercolor brush including "Multiply" color blending for a realistic color mix (no need to work on separate layers for color blending).
- XMAS POWERLINER WET
- XMAS SNOW SPRINKLE: This brush is very useful to add paint sprinkles and flicks to your illustrations. Just in time for the Holiday Season, it's also a perfect brush for painting falling snow. For a natural look and perspective depth, use pen tilt to vary between soft, smooth and hard circle edges.
- XMAS WATERCOLOR multiply: A brand-new watercolor paintbrush set to "Multiply" for natural color blending. Use tilt for subtle texture shading and reduced color opacity.
- BONUS Content: KING KOLE KOLOR and GvW TOON TOWN color swatches
You'll get all future updates and new brushes for this set for free!
FAQ & Tips
- Check my FAQ and follow step-by-step tutorials for downloading and importing your new brushes into Procreate.
- All brushes can also be used as an eraser as well as smudge tool to achieve a consistent look & feel.
- Play with opacity, try out pen pressure, tilt angle, and speed sensitivity to use my brushes to their full potential.
- Remove grain or reduce jitter if you prefer a cleaner line art.
- Adjust the StreamLine setting (automatic stroke correction feature) to fit your style.
Hope you enjoy the brushes as much as I enjoyed creating them.
Merry Christmas and a peaceful, creative New Year! 😊–Georg
Learn more about my 400+ brushes, swatches, and tools:
Artwork by Jens K
Thanks and kudos to the great Norwegian comic artist Jens K Styve who shared the time-lapse video of his zany Xmassy illustration with my new XMAS MAGIK MESSY INKER brush!
- Check out Jens K's hilarious comics and discover more of his wonderfully weird artwork: www.JensK.net
- Jens made a cool free ink brush for Procreate too.
NOTE: The brushes are designed exclusively for Procreate 4 (iOS App). A pressure sensitive stylus like the Apple Pencil is recommended to take full advantage of the brushes, but not necessary.