Inspired by the sound on the legendary SP1200, Bitrate is designed to deliver that authentic 12-bit grit.
Dropping it directly onto a channel will instantly deliver that classic 90s sampler sound, with plenty of controls at hand to tweak....and if you want to push it into 8-bit distortion world, you can go there too! Please not this is compatible with Ableton Live 10 only, and is not backwards compatible with Live 9 (i'm working on it!).
- Vinyl Crackle: in-case you need to add some extra grit to the input
- Ring Mod (Freq/Amt): emulating the ring modulation that the SP1200 applied to samples. Adjust carefully as it can get intense!
- Filter Cutoff: for those classic filtering techniques heard throughout 90s Hip Hop and House tracks
- Saturation (Drive/Amt): use it to add some warmth, or simulate driving the audio inputs of the machine, a technique used by artists like Pete Rock to beef up their snare samples
- Bit & Sample Rate: leave it as it is for that classic 12-bit sampler sound, or tweak it for full control over your signal