Order for NaJoWriMo July 1st
Note: if you're using this theme for the National Journal Writing Month July Challenge, be sure to purchase this theme by June 30th in order for start receiving your first prompt on July 1st.
The theme for these 30 days of prompts is journaling about places you have visited, and the journey you have taken in your life thus far.
As your respond to the prompts, you will reflect on:
- Places you have visited and the experiences you gained.
- You'll write and discover more about the personal journeys you've taken and the mountains you have climbed so far in your life.
- You'll reflect on what type of traveler you are and what is your favorite mode of transportation.
- And you'll imagine places you would like to go and what you will do when you arrive there.
- Bakari Chavanu is the creator of the National Journal Writing Month project. He's a full-time blogger, author of Starting From Day One: Using the Day One Journaling App to Record and Enrich Your Life. He's a former English teacher and an avid journal keeper. Bakari stays motivated by helping others use the power of journal writing.
I've definitely been enjoying my first experience with NaJoWriMo! I didn't realize what a rut my journaling had fallen into until I started working with the daily prompts for this October theme. I've discovered unexpected advantage as well. I write fiction but recently entered the genre arena of creative nonfiction/essays. The NaJoWriMo prompts have helped me loosen up the scholastic ultra-formality I learned for essay writing long ago in school.
Thanks, Bakari! I'm already looking forward to the next NaJoWriMo!
Thank you Bakari for commenting on my first entry of the #NaJoWriMo! And yes, you are right, there was ”more creativity” within me than I first thought once I sat down with the question of the initial prompt.
Will use the prompts to spark new blog posts, but possibly spread them out more than on a daily basis!
Too often, my journal devolves into something more like a record of daily events rather than creative expressions or inner explorations. This will be the first time I've worked with prompts for a guided journaling experience. Looking forward to it. :)