To Save Your Space at this face-to-face workshop in Santa Monica, click I Want This, then provide payment information. The cost is $5 online OR $10 at the door and space is limited. In the Confirmation Email click View Product to download event instructions and to get immediate access to all the support videos and workbooks. Remember to bring an extra $10-$12 to cover food and/or a drink. Tuesday is always all-you-can-eat Taco day at Santa Monica Cabo Cantina (chicken, beef, & vegetarian).
About This Workshop
This face-to-face workshop will review several practical and cost-effective strategies you can use to market your media effectively before, during, and after production. This is an important workshop to attend if you are creating Short Films, Documentary Films, Feature Films, or Web Series and you want to be able to market them in a way that sells tickets, wins awards, and builds your career. In additional to a live presentation supported by videos and step-by-step workbooks, you will have the opportunity to introduce yourself and network with people at the event. Topics addressed:
- Creating press releases that get picked up by CBS, NBC, and other major news media sites.
- Creating social media posts that that sell tickets while strengthening your career as a producer
- Shamefree promotional techniques that even shy people can comfortably use to promote themselves and their work.
- When to start marketing operations for a media project and how they should evolve over the course of the production.
- How marketing one project makes the next project much easier to fund, produce, and release profitably.
- Mistakes to avoid in Marketing Operations
This workshop comes with the following resources:
- Video: Writing & Distributing Effective Press Releases
- Workbook: Slides How to Write & Distribute Effective Press Releases
- Video: Social Media Posting That Sells You & Your Work
- Workbook: Social Media Posting That Sells You & Your Work
- Workbook: Shame Free Self Promotion Techniques
Tip: Cabo Cantina is pretty good place to have meetings and socialize if you happen to be attending the AFM because they have two happy hours every day. 4pm-8pm and 10:30 to 12:30. They aren't paying me for promotion, I just happen to live near by. It is nice that they are letting us rn some events there.