An extended camera shader for the Arnold renderer, capable of simulating realistic lens effects.
Please see the documentation for much more information.
Two lens models are provided:
1. A raytraced lens system, which reads in real lens data often found in optics literature and lens patents. It is capable of:
- Physically plausible optical vignetting
- Physically plausible lens distortion
- Physically plausible bokeh shapes due to the lens geometry
- Non-planar focal field due to lens curvature
- Focus breathing – adjusting focus results in slightly shifted the focal length due to the way lens moves in respect to the sensor
- Correct image formation for wide angle lenses
2. Extended thin lens approximation, capable of:
- Simulating emperical optical vignetting
Both lens systems are also capable of using images as custom bokeh shapes.