Melatonin is the ‘‘Chemical Signal of Darkness’’ with References.
Big Suppla, Social Media Influencers and Functional Medicine Doctors always look at the sunny side. Totally forgetting about the dark side of any therapy. There is a dark side to increasing Melatonin, especially if you are suffering from an Autoimmune condition.
Because the duration of melatonin production is the neurochemical signal for the annual change in night length,, wearing Blue Blocker glasses increases the duration of the “biological night”.
Quick Summary of Melatonin Effects on the Body
- Visible light decreases Melatonin levels.
- Darkness increases Melatonin levels.
- Blue Blocker Glasses increases Melatonin levels.
- Melatonin is produced in multiple organs in the body.
- Naturally occurring Melatonin increases Autoimmune cytokine storms and flairs during the Fall and Winter months.
- Wearing Blue Blocker Glasses increases the amount of naturally produced Melatonin.
- Melatonin lowers Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).
- Melatonin Increases Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS).
-Melatonin increases the Th1, Th2 immune response response to antibodies.
- Melatonin increases Th17 immune response
- Melatonin increases parasite reproduction.