E-Cycles RTX 2020 will be up to 4x faster than Blender OptiX. A first demo build is already available for Windows! E-Cycles standard 2020 (for CUDA) is included. Get 50€ off during beta!
Note: E-Cycles 2020 is based on Blender 2.82. If you need a version based on stable Blender 2.81a, you can get the standard version here https://gumroad.com/l/tsTuV and the RTX version here https://gumroad.com/l/ECyclesRTX
E-Cycles RTX is a very optimized version of Cycles for Windows and Linux using NVidia's RTX GPUs. You can just hit render and benefit from all the advantages. Render your scenes up to 4x faster out of the box, always using the latest and greatest Blender thanks to weekly builds.
E-Cycles helps you:
- save a lot of time by rendering faster. The mean speedup for the path tracing phase is around 3x out of the box (you can render about 3x more frames in the same time). It can be up to 20x faster using quality presets. You can also use the extra speed to render with higher quality in the same amount of time. Users say it best:
"E-Cycles lets me render & proof huge print ready assets locally on 3 gpus – no renderfarm rt required!" – Paul, CG Artist
- Render very clean preview images thanks to a new AI denoiser that gives great results on still images at 16 samples. Really helpful for quick feedback with your clients
- scene preparation is much faster thanks to optimized BVH building in final render
- save tweaking time by using auto tile size and quick quality presets
- keep your hardware on a budget
- spare a lot on your electricity bill thanks to shorter render times
- get more out of your current GPU
Users of E-Cycles:
Alleyne Studio, you can see several screen recording of him using E-Cycles on his channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKUhZgvE_RqZm9ImzKQ0RjA
Flavio Della Tommasa "Obviously in terms of performance I believe the data speak for themselves. On 8 images, 2h each, I lost a day of calculation. With E-Cycles, in just over 2 hours I solved everything." https://blenderartists.org/t/e-cycles-faster-cuda-rendering/1139717/116
"Impressive speed-ups", "support is good, all issues (specific to E-Cycles build) I have found and reported were quickly fixed" https://blenderartists.org/t/e-cycles-faster-cuda-rendering/1139717/79
"The Speedup is amazing" https://blenderartists.org/t/e-cycles-faster-cuda-rendering/1139717/60
"91s to 45s with a RTX 2070" https://blenderartists.org/t/e-cycles-faster-cuda-rendering/1139717/51
"3m:09s to 1m:42s, needless to say, I’m impressed!" https://blenderartists.org/t/e-cycles-faster-cuda-rendering/1139717/99
- Only works on Windows with RTX GPUs and Nvidia driver version 436+
- Some features are not supported. If you need those, please use regular E-Cycles:
- Branched Path Tracing
- Raytracing nodes (Bevel and AO)
- Dithered sobol and adaptive sampling
- first render takes more time due to kernel compilation.
- no CPU+GPU rendering
Support is only for the E-Cycles parts. Bugs found in buildbots are to be reported to the Blender Foundation on developer.blender.org
Scenes have to fit in the GPU memory for the speed-up to work properly. Since some months, Blender supports rendering scenes on GPU while using system memory to some extent. While E-Cycles allows this too, the speed of the system memory is too low and your GPU will just wait for datas to arrive. In most cases, scenes requiring more memory than available on the GPU should be rendered on CPU
Minimum system requirements:
- NVidia RTX card
- 64bit Windows or Linux
- drivers v436 and up.